"Joseph F. Ryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Allison Randal wrote:
>
>>Joseph F. Ryan wrote:
>>
>>>Patch to where?  p/l/perl6?  I don't think they should go in its /t;
>>>maybe a new directory, /fulltests?
>>>

>>We have standards for a reason. Stick with /t.
>>
>>Allison
>>
> Well, my point was that language tests will be different than the
> compiler/parser tests for awhile.  For instance, take a simple string
> substitution test:
>
> # simple substitution
> my $var = "perl5";
> $var =~ s/\d/6/;
>
> While this is completely valid perl6, and something that might want
> to be included in the regex test suite, it won't pass neither the
> P6C parser tests, nor the P6C compiler tests, nor the P6C regex
> tests, because substitution isn't implemented yet.  Therefore, I
> don't think that it should be included in the P6C tests.  So where
> to put it?  If it really needs to go in /parrot/languages/perl6/t,
> perhaps tests like these could go in somewhere like
> /parrot/languages/perl6/t/future ?

Mike Schwern gave us TODO tests for a reason. Write the appropriate
tests, mark them as TODO; they'll get run, but won't show up as
failures in the testing report (unless they suddenly start passing, in
which case they're no longer TODO).

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?