At 10:26 PM -0800 12/3/02, Brent Dax wrote:
Andy Dougherty:
# On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Leon Brocard wrote:
#
# > ps You might be concerned about the name. Well, CPAN has a module
# >    which matches /fuck/ too. However, if everyone really thinks
# >    it is a problem, I don't see a problem with s/fuck/funk/g
#
# Well, I'll speak up.  I find the name needlessly crude and
# offensive.  I see no reason to use such a name and would
# strongly prefer that Parrot didn't.  Parrot is a collective
# project representing a community of developers, and I, for
# one, don't wish to be associated with needlessly crude and
# offesnsive language.

Since this thread has resurfaced, I'll speak up too.  And my
not-so-humble opinion is:  It's just a word--get over it.
There are a lot of words, Brent--that doesn't mean they're all appropriate in all situations.

It's not our language to rename, though, so either the creator OKs it or it goes. If there's an acceptable alternative spelling, we can use that too.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk