On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 10:59  PM, Piers Cawley wrote:
   map  { .[0] }
   sort { $^a[1] cmp $^b[1] }
   map  { $_ => some_transform($_) }
   grep /.../, @array

happily stays as it is; I fail to see what recasting that as

   map  { .[0] } <-
   sort { $^a[1] cmp $^b[1] } <-
   map  { $_ => some_transform($_) } <-
   grep /.../ <- @array

or any other 'noisy' suggestion buys us. It just seems like the wrong
kind of Laziness to me.
<edited to fix a minor typo>

My only concern is that the first implies (as it does in perl5) yet more special behaviors attached to the {...} brackets. Either "no comma is needed after a closure", or "no comma needed after the first arg of the specific functions named C<map>, C<grep>, ...

I'm worried that in attaching even _more_ specialness to curlies (which are already highly (impossibly?) magical), we're setting ourselves up for some hurt down the road. It was OK in perl5, but I don't know if it's OK in perl6.

Mind you (purely devil's advocate), I'm not entirely sure the R-to-L syntax truly _needs_ to be in Perl6. It's true I use it all the time, but I can retrain to use L-to-R method calls with little effort.

If we have a post-given, e.g. C<map {...} given @a> or C<map {...} is given @a>, I think that gives us R-to-L without any special {...} rules at all.

MikeL