[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dave Whipp) writes:
> am taking the viewpoint that "everything is in object". A number is an
> object; an array is an object, a hash is in object. The only thing
> that differs is that they implement different interfaces.
>
> Perl6 provides syntaxes for those interfaces. $a and @a are both
> holders of objects.

In which case it makes sense, as I'm sure Larry has said at some point
in the past, just to think of the sigils as part of the name. $a[4]
and @a[4] do the same thing. If you want to think of $a[4] as doing
some dereferencing, feel free. They're both extracting an element from
an array object.  If a "scalar" variable can hold an array object,
then it isn't very "scalar"; the sigils don't have much semantic value.

--
As usual, this being a 1.3.x release, I haven't even compiled this
kernel yet.  So if it works, you should be doubly impressed.