At 9:30 AM +0000 1/7/03, Simon Cozens wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Sugalski) writes:
 Well, you'll certainly be able to use delegation to get in the way if
 nothing else. Beyond that I'm not sure, but anything that's not based
 on the parrot Object PMC (which we've not quite yet defined) won't
 necessarily be directly inheritable from.
So make Hashes and Arrays based on the Parrot Object PMC. Why let
implementation get in the way of a really good language? :)
Ah, it's too early for a good rejoinder, but rest assured I almost had one. :)

The short answer, I suppose, is that we're not recreating Smalltalk--at least some small nod is being made towards Practicality.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk