On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 07:23:04AM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> How many mmap's can $arch have for one program and for all?
> Could we hit some limits here, if every module loaded gets (and stays)
> mmap()ed.

I just wrote a quick C program that successfully mmap-ed in all 1639
files in my Linux box's /usr/share/man/man1 directory.

Note that in Perl5 we already (indirectly) rely on the OS's ability to
mmap in the library code for any XS-based modules.

--
"But Sidley Park is already a picture, and a most amiable picture too.
The slopes are green and gentle. The trees are companionably grouped at