I just committed some changes to the Jako compiler that add a '-x'
switch. Using jakoc -x will cause the compiler to emit the parse tree
as XML (via SAX events sent to XML::Handler::YAWriter).

It still has some worts, but it didn't die when I turned it loose on the
Jako examples.

There are a few places where the current Jako syntax is restrictive
(comparisons for if statements, for example) but I've made the XML
look more generic (the conditional test is just another block).

Also, the current parse tree leaves "return if x < 0" as an instance of
"return" (with special annotations about the statement modifier), but
the XML conversion turns it into a "return" inside a conditional.

Regards,

-- Gregor