  >> (@a,@b,@c).pop

  JFR> This doesn't make any sense, since pop modifies the pop-ee.
  JFR> What do you expect should happen here?

  >> [@a,@b,@c].pop

  JFR> Same as above.

there is a subtle distinction in those two. the first should be a syntax
error. the second isn't an error but isn't needed. you could just
as easily do ( @a, @b, @c )[-1].

and the equivilent works in perl5. dumb, but it works.

perl -le 'print pop( @{[qw(a b c)]} )'

and i haven't seen anything in perl6 that drastically changes the
semantics of lists and arrays from perl5. so the current definitions we
have been tossing about should suffice.

minor variation:

        an array (anon or named) is a container that holds a list. the
        array container itself can be modified. containers can stay
        alive as long as you want.

        a list is a ordered bag of values. it is alive
        only where it is created in the current expression. the list
        cannot be modified.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com