I've been a parrot lurker for quite some time, and I've recently wanted to start participating in some way. One idea that came to mind was to port a language I wrote a while back which is an XML->relational converter. Call it XTOR(XML to Relational for lack of imagination). Think of it as analogous to XSL, but for converting XML data to row/column data in completely arbitrary(and sometimes quite capricious) ways. The problem(s) is that the language itself is written in XML (as is XSL), and therefore anything that processes it has to have an XML engine available.

I originally wrote a perl program to act as an interpreter for this language, but it would also obviously be possible to write a compiler to target some platform. Targeting parrot with either method would require access to an XML parser. Is there currently any way to get access to an XML parser from within parrot?

-Tupshin