Tupshin Harper wrote:

Leopold Toetsch wrote:

You can use the .constant (PASM) or .const (IMCC) syntax, to keep strings visually together.

Thanks. Apparently I'm being daft. I don't see any mention of pasm sections(constant or otherwise) in the pod docs, nor do any of the examples appear to use a constants section. What am I missing?

Sorry nothing.
There are only IIRC 3 tests in parrot and 3 in imcc using these features.

$ perldoc assemble.pl
$ perldoc languages/imcc/docs/syntax.pod
$ perldoc languages/imcc/docs/macros.pod

But they are not very well covered in the main docs.

Additionally, string (and key and float constants) are a distinct section in PBC, only the assembler doesn't care - or OTOH there is now syntax to reference a string constant directly. This is all done via the constant tabke.

-Tupshin

leo