On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 11:58:41PM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> Nicholas Clark wrote:

[thanks for the explanation]

> > And is this all premature optimisation, give that we haven't got objects,
> > exceptions, IO or a Z-code interpreter yet?

> And yes: We don't have exceptions and threads yet. The other items,
> don't matter (IMHO).

Well, I think that proper IO would be useful. But I don't think it affects
the innards of the execution system greatly - is there any reason why
parrot (or at least PBC) can't conceptually treat in the same way that C
treats IO - just another standard library?

"Z-code interpreter" is obfuscated shorthand for "dynamic opcode libraries"
and "reading foreign bytecode". I regard the first as important, the second
as "would be nice". I think Dan rates "reading foreign bytecode" more
important than I do.

Nicholas Clark