On Feb-25, Leon Brocard wrote:
> David sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > Thanks. I better upgrade my version, I'm not seeing it in 0.0.9.
>
> It's been a while since 0.0.9 (errr, 20th Dec). A lot has changed
> since then. Maybe it's time for a 0.1.0 release. What are we waiting
> for? And why do we have so many version numbers? It'd be nice to have
> objects, otherwise we're restricted to toy languages.

We're waiting for objects or exceptions for 0.1.0, but that doesn't
mean we can't have a 0.0.10. But while I agree that a lot has changed
since 0.0.9, not much is different from a Parrot user's perspective
(as opposed to a Parrot implementer's perspective).

At least, I didn't think so. Let's see what a diff turns up...

 - IMCC integration
 - eval
 - some more benchmarking
 - cgp core
 - optimized math ops
 - intersegment branches
 - more complete use of PObjs
 - beefed up packfiles
 - sub/continuation/coroutine fixes
 - better NCI (native calling interface)
 - many imcc improvements
 - jako improvements

So the user-visible stuff would appear to be: imcc integration
(speedup!), eval, sub stuff, and NCI. Okay, you're right -- that's
easily enough to warrant a release.

I'll announce a code freeze soon.