On 2003-03-11 at 10:12:17, Damian Conway wrote:
> Austin Hastings wrote:
>
> >It is explicitly stated that "is rw" on a slurpy parameter distributes
> >across all the components.
> >
> >Is there some way of differentiating array of const vs. array of rw?
> >
> >That is, creating a hash or array that can be extended without
> >overwriting?
>
> I'm not sure I follow what you're asking for. Can you give a
> hypothetical example?
I think he wants to write a subroutine that takes an array parameter,
in which the subroutine is allowed to add elements to the array, but
is not allowed to modify any of the elements that are already there
on entry to the sub.

--
Mark REED                    | CNN Internet Technology
1 CNN Center Rm SW0831G      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]