>From A6:
> I worry that generalized wrappers will make it impossible to compile fast
> subroutine calls, if we always have to allow for run-time insertion of
> handlers. Of course, that's no slower than Perl 5, but we'd like to do better
> than Perl 5. Perhaps we can have the default be to have wrappable subs, and
> then turn that off with specific declarations for speed, such as "is inline".

I think there's a lot of room between "allow this subroutine to be wrapped"
and "inline this subroutine."  Whatever the "specific declaration for speed"
is that forbids runtime wrapping of a subroutine, it should not be spelled
"inline."

(although "inline" may imply "dontwrapmeplease" or whatever :)
-John