On Sunday, March 23, 2003, at 07:15 PM, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Dan Sugalski wrote:

While I'm all for the macros (yeah, I know, debugger stepping issues and all)

I don't get that. What debugger issues? I changed some vtable calls in the iterator code and didn't see any differences during debugging. The macros just rearange the order of function arguments.

I guess this is the same problem debugging perl5 has. If you didn't build with -g3 and don't have a debugger which supports macro expansion, you're SOL. Unless of course you could also force the macros to be inlined functions. But most of the time, you know...

Kay