At 3:08 PM +0200 6/28/03, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Luke Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 So, now that we're using CPS, will there be a standard way of seeing
 what the call stack is (for purposes of debugging/C<caller>/&c.)?  Is
 it just a matter of looking in P0 and then P0's P0, and so on?  Or
 will that croak in certain cases?

These are $HL features. I can imagine that Perl6 will stuff the C<caller>, the subroutine's name and more into P0's properties, if e.g. debugging is on, or these items are referenced.

Exactly. If a language want to expose any sort of introspective information, it should do so.

Having said that, a standard mechanism to do so--perhaps a sub pushing the passed-in continuation onto the control stack as a special type of entry, or pushing its name on the stack (or both) wouldn't be out of order so those languages that want to do this can do so in a standard way.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk