On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:20:34PM -0400, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> According to Benjamin Goldberg:
> > There is indeed a clear need for it ...
>
> False.
>
> > We don't *need* to do things this way, of course ...
>
> True.
>
> Having gone through the pain of numstr implementation, I suggest that
> normal variables should not be forced to do anything so unnatural.
> (Customized PMCs can of course respond with anything they like.)

These sound very close to what we'll need to imlement any() and all(),
so we'll probably need container PMCs that can represent multiple
contained PMCs of any type.

  $status = any(4, "Interrupted system call");

? :-)

(I think Brent Dax has it right, though, that $! should be a full
exception object.)