Vladimir Lipskiy:
> Is there anybody who could drop a couple of lines on account of this
> question while
> Brent is unget-at-able?

Not quite un-get-at-able--just unable-to-hack-able.  :^)

> > Hey, I use win32 (mingw) and the JIT has always worked fine for me. If
> this
> > is an issue with MSVC, it should be specific about that
>
> To learn from Brent Dax, it's a os specific problem.

The JIT may be an MSVC-only thing, but to my knowledge it has *never* worked
on Windows/MSVC.  However, I can't imagine that exec works on Windows under
any platform, because I don't think the .exe format is supported.

It may be more appropriate to just disable exec on Win32, and let JIT be
decided according to the normal logic.  I necer tested Configure with just
"--execenabled=0".

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker