Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:00:54PM +0100, Alberto Manuel Brand?o Sim?es wrote:

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 14:49, Simon Cozens wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alberto Manuel Brandão simões) writes:

The question is simple, and Dan can have the same problem (or him or
Larry). I am thinking on a Perl 6 book in portuguese (maybe only a
tutorial... but who knows). But that means I must write something which
will work :-)

Just a hint: don't try writing it and revising it as the language changes.
I wrote a Perl 6 chapter for a book in December and it is now almost unusable
due to the pace of change.

Yes. That's why I'm asking :-) I can start looking to apocalypses and
exegesis to have an idea of the structure and content, but not really
write them. I would need a running prototype, too. And that's more
difficult to find :)

Well, you can always find prototypical pieces in perl 5. For instance,
Perl6::Classes, Perl6::Currying, Perl6::Rules, etc. (note, you may have
to pull that last one out of Damian's head :-

There's also P6C (parrot/languages/perl6), but use with caution, as its pretty kooky.

- Joe