Dave Whipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ... I've run into this problem on several GCed apps: the sweep
> destroys locality of access, causing pages to be loaded that the application
> doesn't need. This can cause a very abrupt performance drop.

The flags used during DOD take (for simple PMCs) just one nibble. The
PMCs memory isn't pulled in any more. S. Juergen Boemmels update to

docs/memory_internals.pos
/ARENA_DOD_FLAGS

The collection phase is for sure cache unfriendly. The main problem is
string handling here. Reusing string headers and not generating new
strings all over the place improves on that very much.

> Dave.

leo