Gordon Henriksen writes:
> What you're suggesting also has significant side-effects: It halts
> hypothetical multithreaded programs, suspends DoD, prevents the
> traversal mechanism from calling back into parrot code, requires
> fine-grained locks which are extremely expensive and have been summarily
> abandoned to great acclaim in all prior works... and for that, still
> doesn't provide a useful form of thread safety in the general case
> anyhow.

Is there a problem with providing a mechanism which would suspend all
threads except for the "current" one, as to ensure that the serialize
operates, er, serially.  Could it be implemented with a top-priority
event post that acquires a global lock?

Forgive my ignorance.  I'm pretty na誰ve when it comes to threads.

Luke