Luke Palmer:
# Is there a problem with providing a mechanism which would suspend all
# threads except for the "current" one, as to ensure that the serialize
# operates, er, serially.  Could it be implemented with a top-priority
# event post that acquires a global lock?

What about the thread that draws the GUI progress bar so people don't
think the computer froze up while serializing 42gb of data?  Or worse,
the thread that handles the "cancel" button?

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

"Yeah, and my underwear is flame-retardant--that doesn't mean I'm gonna
set myself on fire to prove it."