Marcus Thiesen wrote:

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 11:08, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
$I46 = $I100 + $I200

Ok, fixed that and some other issues Leo addressed. Now I have my own register management and put all the not needed registers on the user stack.

Why? Parrot with the PIR assembler can handle an arbitrary register count. I'm sure you are not able to write a program (doing something useful) to force imc to spill registers :)

I've not rewritten the Makefiles because all the other languages/
Makefiles are either created by the parrot config or are really
hardcoded Unix makefiles.

The latter is a bug of course. Anyway - if possible - put urm in languages/urm, create confige/gen/makefiles/urm.in, adapt makefiles.pl, run Configure, use Parrot:Config, replace hardcoded 'parrot' with config vars and try to get it running.
If this step is too big (or you don't know, what I' talking about :), just drop me a mail, I'll have a look at it then.

For the tests (thanks) you might consider reading "perldoc Test::Simple" and alike -

BTW & apropos: met Michael G Schwern and David Hand yesterday at the Vienna.pm TechMeet http://use.perl.org/~maks/journal/14901

Have fun,

Marcus

Thanks, leo