On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 05:40:30PM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
>
> > As JIT code is unrolled, it IMHO can only call the function core (or CGP
> > again) for loaded opcodes.
>
> As is this would mean that the JIT can't JIT any opcodes that are brought
> in by dynamically loaded classes, it would be pain for any heavy users of
> custom classes.

This should only be temporary. If the right information is tagged in the
opcode library, then the JIT should be able to JIT the loaded ops (since
we do, after all, have to have the library loaded when we enter the
segment of code that uses the new ops. I don't mind just in time loading,
but I figure we ought to do it more than one or two ops before we execute
the new code. :)

                                        Dan