On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:34:44PM -0500, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> > Anyway, my taint mode experience has been that random things break in very
> > weird ways when using it.
>
> All the more reason to test with it on. :)

At this point I've become rather disgusted with it.  When taint mode
breaks pos(), and as a result your regex-based parser blows up in weird
ways, and you spend many, many hours figuring out what exactly is
happening, and then can't reduce it to a simple test case, you tend to get
a little peeved.

Tim's #ifdef idea for testing taint mode seems like a really good idea.
Once I know it's well tested in the core, I'll be happy to test my own
modules with it.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com