Anuradha Ratnaweera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But if the structure of the structure _is_ known, then there is the
> possibility of kind of "rearranging" the hashes and calling the C/C++
> library without duplicating the related data to a seperate structure.

Parrot doesn't have a hash there, but that doesn't matter. I've started
to prepare the UnmanagedStruct PMC to describe structures. The relevant
test file and library/libpcre.imc has some examples.
Currently only integer-like structure fields and arrays of these are
down.

> I like to get involved in the parrot/perl6 development, and was just
> wondering if this is something to work on.

This would be very welcome.

>       Anuradha

leo