On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 14:10, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> Anuradha Ratnaweera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Just another quick, and possibly dumb, question: Is XS the standard way
> > of binding Perl to a C/C++ library?
>
> If your question is "... of binding Parrot to a C/C++ library?", then
> no. Parrot uses NCI (native call interface). S. library/* and
> t/pmc/nci.t for examples.

Thanks for the quick reply, and of course the warm welcome ;-)

I think, I have to be carefully distinguish between Parrot and Perl 6,
when asking questions.  Sorry about the haziness.

Let me break down the questions into more than one:

0. Is XS the standard way of binding Perl 5 to a C/C++?
1. If answer to 0 is 'yes', will it be the same for Perl 6?
2. If the ansewr to 0 or 1 is "no", will there be another standard in
Perl 6?

        Anuradha

--

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/