Juergen Boemmels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Lars Balker Rasmussen (via RT) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> The pthreads library seems to be missing on the FreeBSD 4.8 and 5.0
>> machines I have access to.  I don't know what, if any, FreeBSD'en
>> should happen to have that library...
>>
>> There are two ways to link in the pthreads-stuff on FreeBSD - I have
>> taken the method from the ports systems makefile to decide between them.
>
> I have another patch from Nick Kostirya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> which
> accidently dropped off-list. He tries to solve the same issue (and
> uses a similar approach). But he changed ccflags. Can someone of the
> FreeBSD guys enlighten me which of these two patches is the better
> one? I can apply only one.

I'm sure we can agree on something.

> +if ($osreldate >= 500016) {
> +     # use KSE (libpthread)
> +     # See http://www.freebsd.org/kse/
> +     if ( $libs !~ /-lpthreads/ ) {
> +             $libs .= ' -lpthreads';
> +     }

My 5.0 reports version 500043, but doesn't have libpthreads, so the
above won't work for me.

And the KSE-page mentions -lpthread?

> +} else {
> +     # use libc_r
> +     $libs =~ s/-lpthreads//;
> +
> +     my $ccflags = Configure::Data->get('ccflags');
> +     if ( $ccflags !~ /-pthread/ ) {
> +        $ccflags .= ' -pthread';
> +     }
> +     Configure::Data->set(
> +     ccflags => $ccflags,
> +     )

I suppose it's technically more correct to set -pthread in ccflags.
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                      Consult::Perl