Jared Rhine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [Leopold == [EMAIL PROTECTED] on Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:43:04 +0100]

> Leopold> [ shared file extensions ]

> Leopold> Can we for now do it like:
> Leopold> * if there is a dot in the filepart[1] leave the name as is
> Leopold> * if not append PARROT_DLL_EXTENSION

> Why have any magic at all?  Is there a specific advantage to extension
> guessing that you have in mind?

  loadlib P0, "libcni"          # load test library
  loadlib P0, "myops_ops"       # opcode library
  loadlib P0, "subproxy"        # class library

These examples should work on all platforms with the configured default
extension. There is no magic or extension guessing involved. We have all
three examples already in the tree.

Of course a Win32 program might load "some.ocx" or a linux program
"ncurses.so" but these are platform-specific libs. I'm speaking of core
modules and such, where no shared extension should be specified in the
source code.

> -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

leo