From: "Mattia Barbon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Il Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:51:56 +0100 Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha
scritto:

> > Jonathan Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > loadlib P1, "user32.dll"
> >
> > There are 2 errors in that, one is mine :)
> > - I didn't use the configure define of PARROT_DLL_EXTENSION
> > - Your's is: don't append ".dll" - parrot does it
>   Somebody might wish to load something not named ".dll". For example
> MS HTMLHelp API is located in a file suffixed ".ocx" (which exports
> both an ActiveX control and raw C API).
This is true, and IMHO needs some thought.  I'm working on a library that
gives Parrot access to the entire Win32 API.  Some of them (related to
printing) are in a library called winspool.drv (note .drv, not .dll).
Parrot adds .dll onto the end of this and, of course, it cannot load it.
I'd be surprised if Win32 was the only OS where there was more than one
possible extension for a shared library.

Thanks,

Jonathan