Jeff Clites wrote:

Okay, that makes sense then. So is the current implementation incomplete? I ask because it looks like the mark functionality won't yet quite deal with non-PObj values, etc.

The mark_key (and hash, compare) functions can be passed to the extended new_hash_x() creation function. If mark_key is NULL keys aren't marked. Values are only marked if the value entries are PMCs or STRINGs.

...Also, since key and value are now void*'s, there'll be a problem on platforms where sizeof(void *) != sizeof(other types), right? (In particular, doubles will usually be larger than pointers.)

No. This isn't finished yet, but another creation param can set the size of the value store (if we ever need that ...)

JEff

leo