Dan Sugalski wrote:
> 1) The changes I proposed are going in. We get arg counts for I/S/N
> registers if they're used.

What purpose do these individual I/S/N arg counts serve exactly?

To simply check how many arguments are passed to a function you would
need to get the sum of the number of I/S/N/P argument counts.
This is needlessly complicated and slow. And that's just the beginning
of the fun - variable argument functions simply cannot be written
using this calling convention - just think of the issues with argument
ordering, default arguments and type promotion.