On Dec 17, 2003, at 11:24 AM, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Allison Randal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

$ parrot t/op/hacks_1.pasm
not reached
Does F<runtime/parrot/include/signal.pasm> have an entry for SIGFPE?
Is PARROT_HAS_HEADER_SIGNAL defined?

"Yes" to both questions.

The issue turns out to be that SIGFPE isn't raised on Mac OS X on divide by zero. If I hack src/core_ops.c to explicitly raise(SIGFPE) in the case of zero divisor then the tests pass, so the exception handling code seems to be working correctly.

I'm not sure of the best way to fix the tests--long-term I'd expect we'd want parrot to explicitly guard against divide-by-zero (as perl5 seems to do), but I know that's not the real point of these tests.

JEff