At 12:44 PM -0500 12/18/03, Melvin Smith wrote:
At 10:42 PM 12/17/2003 +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
While playing with calling threaded subs, I came along a thing which I think might be suboptimal:
pdd03 states that the method PMC should go into P2. This doesn't really play with Perl5 <-> Perl6 interoperbility IMHO. Perl5 methods are plain subs, where the first param is the object. I dunno, if Ponie will ever use ParrotClass/ParrotObject, but I'm sure, that calling Perl6 methods should work (and vv). So me thinks that the method PMC should be the first PMC argument living in P5.

sub meth {
  my ($self, $arg1) = @_;
  #    P5    P6

Comments?

Makes sense to me for non-prototyped methods.

How 'bout:

Non-prototyped: pass object in P5 array with rest of arguments
Prototyped: pass in P2 as in current spec

Nope. The object is a special thing, and as such needs a special place. Both Python and Ruby treat it differently at the language level, and Parrot needs to treat it specially at the low level to do proper method dispatching. I'd rather it stay where it is, off on the side.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk