At 12:15 AM +0000 12/23/03, Harry Jackson wrote:
Dan Sugalski wrote:
We're starting to check in library code, which brings up the annoying issue of licensing. Since we haven't been able to go the easy (i.e. all public domain) route for parrot we need to deal with this.

The license on Parrot itself is straightforward enough, albeit a bit odd what with ICU being included with a different license. (And I do need to clarify what Parrot does and doesn't lay claim to) For the library, though...

<snip>

I recommend putting the above post or something similar into a README in the "library" directory.

Yep, as well as in the LICENSE file in the main directory, and a couple of other places. I should probably put together a cron job to mail off a monthly reminder to the list as well, but that might be a bit of overkill.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk