Uri Guttman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ... this again brings up how we lock so
> that GC/alloc will work properly with threads. do we lock a thread pool
> but not the thread when we access a shared thingy?

This is the major issue, how to continue. Where are shared objects
living (alloc) and where and how are these destroyed (DOD/GC).

But first I'd like to hear some requirements defined, e.g.:

A spawns B, C threads with shared $a
B spawns D, E threads with shared $b

- is $b shared in A or C
- is $a shared in D or E
- are there any (HLL) decisions to decide what is shared
- and so on

If that isn't layed out we don't need to talk about locking a certain
thread pool.

> ...how do we handle GC/alloc across shared objects?

I posted a proposal for that :)

> uri

leo