Luke Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Leopold Toetsch writes:
>> It seems, that in that case we still need to walk the PMC arenas and
>> reset all live bits. OTOH when ARENA_DOD_FLAGS is on, this isn't too
>> expensive because it can be done my masking a full word worth of 8 PMCs
>> at once. So its still a lot faster then the eager case - hopefully.
>>
>> Or am I missing something?

> I don't think you are.  I would have thought that GC be the one to reset
> the live bits, but there was a lot of DOD that I didn't completely
> understand.

GC is mostly independent of DOD and it doesn't look at PMCs. GC compacts
variable sized memory pools.

I have applied now your patch with some minor cleanup. Funnily clearing
the live bits after an aborted lazy DOD run seems not to be necessary.
Either the test (t/pmc/timer_7) is bogus or I'm still missing something.

> Luke

Thanks again for your patch,
leo