At 4:02 PM +0100 1/16/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Honestly an overridden op could insert new rules in the code and
recompile everything. If we have to always check for such nasty things,
then we can forget all performance and optimizations.

That, at least, we don't have to worry about. None of the existing languages (well, Tcl might, but I don't care there) require going quite so mad, and if Larry tries, well... we have ways to deal with that. :)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk