On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 11:09 , Dan Sugalski wrote:

Ah, OK, I see. The problem comes in where we've got an object in the transient root set (basically the processor stack and registers) that gets anchored into the base root set (stash, pads, or whatever) after the DOD has traced where it's going into and falls out of the transient root set before the DOD traces over to it.

(Worse than that. It could come from any untraced location—or possibly even be brand new, depending upon memory allocation details.)

Gordon Henriksen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]