On 2/12/2004 9:07 PM, Randy W. Sims wrote:

How about a model that allows people to volunteer when they can (vs always). Say you have a server. You would be an author-client. You'd say I have this software that needs to be tested. The server would take it and mark it available for testing. Then test-clients could log-on (or more probably set a cron job or login script). The server would say to clients that login, "Ok, I have these jobs that need testing." The client would take any module (or might possibly have a list of preferred modules to test), test it, and send results. I'd suggest using the cpan-testers backend for this; that way, the jobs mostly done. All you have to do is write a cgi script to accept uploads from authors and give clients an appropriate link to retrieve the module for testing. Instant compiler-farm.

Actually, why not just setup your own CPAN. Testers can point CPAN++ at your CPAN server and it's mostly done. You just need a script to drive CPAN++ for testers to use to make things easier for them. Easy, simple, and effective if you can get people testing.

Regards,
Randy.