At 8:10 AM +0100 2/26/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 4:54 PM -0500 2/25/04, Simon Glover wrote:
  If I'm understanding the docs correctly, this should print '0'.
  Instead, it prints 'Array index out of bounds!'

 Another bug, though the offset ought to be 2 right now. (Attributes 0
 and 1 are taken by other things so they're valid)

*Please* don't. C<classoffset> (and attribute access) should by all means start with 0.

Why? Heck, I could reasonbly argue that they pick a random offset every time parrot's invoked. Which actually sounds like a good thing, to keep people on their toes and stop everyone from assuming they know the structure of the objects.

If you want, consider them the attributes of parrot's base object class.

- If that offset is ever changed, existing code will break

No, it won't. No code should ever assume an absolute offset. That in itself's broken.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk