At 10:13 AM -0500 2/26/04, Andrew Dougherty wrote:
In a somewhat similar vein, a challenge is emerging on the
Linux/UltraSPARC front.  Under Debian's current 'unstable' and 'testing'
distributions, for example, you end up with the following types:

    iv=long, intvalsize=8, intsize=4, opcode_t=long, opcode_t_size=8,
    ptrsize=8, ptr_alignment=4 byteorder=87654321,
    nv=double, numvalsize=8, doublesize=8

Cool. I think I'd like to start dealing with 64-bit issues soon. I'm not sure for 0.1.1, but maybe 0.1.2.

(I think these sizes are  the same as Jarkko was reporting on the alpha.)
As you might guess, there are a number of things -- not just parrot --
that don't work well with these defaults.  And, just to make degugging fun,
I'm currently getting helpful messages from gdb like the following:

    Warning:
    Cannot insert breakpoint -1.
    Error accessing memory address 0xcaa0: Input/output error.

D'oh! When your debugger breaks that does make things more problematic. -- Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk