Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

The attached patch brings things if not to perfection at least quite close.

Great. Thanks for your time having a look at that. Applied. Works - i386 can successfully process all these PBCs.

I have tested
the patch and the included pbc files in:

- little-endian 64-bit tru64
- little-endian 32-bit linux
- big-endian 32-bit solaris
- big-endian 64-bit irix

Thanks for these.

The packfile.c.pat and pf_items.c.pat address the byteswapping, the dod.c patch was
needed in irix only (dbx showed the pool->mem_pool being zero, I don't know whether
there's something deeper that my patch hides, but I was not about to start debugging DOD--

There must be some other problem.

the bytecode executed fine but then parrot crashed in cleanup/teardown phase).

If mem_pool was NULL there is something strange goin on.

I suggest that the existing
t/native_pbc/*.pbc are deleted and the *.pbc from the attachment are taken instead,
they have slightly more informative naming scheme.

While that's true it doesn't work with the test system which assumes consecutive test file numbers.

leo