  LT> BTW sscanf() is missing too.

perl5 mever had a scanf (or variation) and for good reason IIRC. it was
never needed and it has a very nasty api. i hated using it in c because
you could never control how much to read and parse and also find out
where in the input stream it fails. <> and a regex were always better in
p5. so i don't think we need to do it in parrot. in fact with
rules/grammars being able to read from a stream, you could code one in
that and have it work properly. do any other langs we want to support
(other than c) have a scanf flavor in them?

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com