Angel Faus wrote:
Most people know about this sequence because the ~ character is a common one in URLs, so the situation is not as bad as i may look. Neverthless, I definetly hope that a future FAQ of perl6 has a big section labeled How do I Write These Funky Chars in My OS.

That sounds like a good idea. Might help avoid people being put off by operators like « and ». Another section close by on ASCII equivalents for those which have them would also go down well.

For the record, on Mac OS X it's Option-\ for « and Option-Shift-\ for » (where Option-Shift-\ may also be seen as as Option-Shift-|). It is entirely possible that this is different on a normal Apple keyboard as opposed to the one in my Powerbook, but that strikes me as unlikely.

Probably getting a little ahead of myself here though, as we can't actually use this masterpiece language yet. :-(