On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 18:18, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > That looks suspicious... especially Python.
>
> You have the sources in examples/benchmarks. Maybe we are comparing
> apples and oranges. But the code looks good to me.

Sorry, I gave the wrong impression. I meant it looks suspiciously like
Python is doing a lazy construction on those objects, not that there is
anything wrong with the benchmark.

Lazy construction is perhaps something Parrot should think about too,
though I've not looked into what Parrot does now. How often would it be
of any value to construct a stub object which still needed to be fully
constructed before use? Do such objects pop into existence implicitly in
any commonly-used places that would yield a performance win in the
general case?

Just wondering why Python would do that (if, indeed it is doing that).

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith