At 1:47 PM -0700 4/17/04, Nicholas Clark (via RT) wrote:
# New Ticket Created by  Nicholas Clark
# Please include the string:  [perl #28916]

You must use /usr/bin/gmake to build ICU.

(parrot build fails)

gmake was never on our list of "minium platform requirements"

What is our plan w.r.t to this. Currently parrot is broken on any Unix
machine that doesn't have gmake.

The plan (at the moment) is to either require gmake on the system or to link with the system-installed ICU. I'm not sure we want to hack up ICU enough to build with more vanilla make systems--that's going a bit above and beyond.

I'm still not 100% sure what we ought to do with ICU distribution. That needs some thought.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk