Angel Faus skribis 2004-04-19 22:43 (+0200):
> If we really need a ultra-huffman encoding for hash subscriptors, I
> have always dreamt of being able to do:
>   %hash/key
>   $hashref/foo/bar/baz/quux

I'd hate to give up dividing slash. It's one of the few operators that I
sometimes type without whitespace. Simple because 1/10 is good enough
and 1 / 10 is very wide.

Other than that, I like it. But it isn't really doable.

>    %hash/{ some_func() }             # dynamic key
>    %hash/«key1 key2»                 # hash slice
>    %hash/['key', 'key2']                  # the same

I think this is not a good idea.

>    * «a b» and ['a', 'b'] are always substitutable, ever

Only because they are here, doesn't mean they are everywhere.

> A xml library could make every node a tied hash, effectively embedding
> a good portion of xpath within perl

Hmm... If only the slash weren't used by something extremely important.

>    for /home/angel -> $file {

That would mean giving up // for regexes (i.e. making the m mandatory).
And I think having quotes for strings other than very simple ones
(anything containing a / is not a simple string imho) is good for
readability.

Juerd