Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In fact, Parrot Data Language (if there were such a thing) would likely
> introduce its own runtime-loadable opcode set to operate on a new PMC
> type called a piddle.

It would likely base the piddle object on Parrot's internal datatypes
like IntvalArray or FloatvalArray, which (then) already provide all the
low-level ops to do the desired operation. No XS, no loadable ops (which
is C code too), no compiler needed to use PDL.

E.g. $piddle->raw_data could be an IntvalArray. Perl6's hyper ops work
with that as well as overloaded PDLs ops (though I know nothing about PDL
internals).

leo