Jeff Clites <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2004, at 9:05 AM, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> Although, I would think that "@ary += 1" would extend the length of the
> array by one. That is, I can think of logical uses for the
> currently-unimplemented arithmetic ops on PerlArray.

I can think of "@ar .= 'foo'" doing something--or not.

But that's all not really useful. Setting the length (or better
elements) of an array is a totally different thing then "P0 = I0". Its
C<elements P0, I0> *if* we have a dedicated opcode/vtable for it or its
just C<P0.elements(I0)> i.e. a method.

This is the same madness as defining C<S0 += S1> as concatenate or even
worse.

The C<$len = @ar> semantics of Perl arrays aren't really Parrot's
semantics. It's a Perl language thingy IMHO to emit "len = elements ar".

leo